Harold Billow. Billow had one of the first race cars in the Fremont area and one of the first to compete at the Sandusky County Fairgrounds. Billow's fist foray into automobile racing was in 1945, when he owned a 1933 Ford carrying the #B17. His first driver was Don Rathbun. Billow was one of the founders of Sandusky Speedway which was a sand surface the first year. Billow was also very instrumental in getting tracks started at Fremont and Attica. Billow continued to own cars through 1965. Other drivers were Vern Myers, Don Keckler, Harold McGilton, Lou Ringle, Dick Christy, John Auxter and Dick Christy.