Sandusky County Fairgrounds would be without racing until the fall of 1951 when Joe and Dorothy Stelter and Harry Maynor of Toledo founded Fremont Speedway. Their original track was almost flat and was just over 1/10 of a mile. Maynor sold his interest in the speedway to Frank Jensen of Toledo in 1952 and Wayne Wall of Toledo purchased an interest in 1953. Wall sold out in 1954 and Joe, Dot and Jensen operated the track until 1957 when a local Fremont businessman, Don Emick, purchased Jensen's stock. This operation continued until 1960 when Emick sold out, leaving Joe and Dot as the sole owners. After Joe's sudden death in 1962, Dot decided to continue and became one of the few women promoters in the country. Dot later married Paul Szakovits and he helped to operate the track. Dot promoted the speedway until 1976 when longtime announcer Gary Kern purchased the facility.